Monday, November 26, 2012

Tropical Dresses and Sparkly Pineapples

Its a beautiful, warm (very warm!) day here today so I thought it would be the perfect day to wear my tropical print dress for the first time!


It turned out so well, I'm really happy with it.  The boning gives the bodice shape and the shirring gives it a fabulous fit!  And I recently purchased a dress (yes, I buy clothing too - don't even ask about my wardrobe) that had the perfect coloured pink belt!  And I'm sure you recognise the necklace too - its the one that the talented Lucy Luxxe made for me for my Melbourne Cup outfit.

Here's the back:


The shirring is in the side back panels, and when I make this again, I'm going to have bigger shirred panels and a smaller 'zipper' panel in the back - which means more shirring hypnotherapy for me!


And finally - here I am with the bag that started it all... sparkly pineapples!!!!

Speaking of which, did you see what I found last week...


Yes, you are seeing correctly - that bag has SPARKLY FLAMINGOS ON IT!!!!!!!  So the crazy make-dress-to-match-bag saga will continue!  Stay tuned!!!

Beccie
xxx

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have once again done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Miss Dolly! I'm VERY happy with it and am looking forward to making another one in a different fabric and trouble shooting the minor issues I have with this one :)

      Delete
  2. You look soooooo divine! What I would give to be able to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just started following your blog and I'm so impressed! Your dress is AMAZING! Makes me want to dive into my fabric stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tippy - I've had such an overwhelming response to this dress :)

      Delete
  4. Did you have a vintage pattern for this lovely dress or did you make one yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Soozi :) No I didn't have a pattern for this one, I made it up myself! And I was very happy that it worked out so well :)

      Delete
  5. A wide variety of tropical print dress is suitable for different people.tropical print dress more young and very sexy.Black dress more mysterious compared with red, red is more feminine flavour.Share with everyone woodlist, believe that must be won't let you down.

    ReplyDelete